Community Colleges for Massage Therapist Degrees in Georgia
- Several accredited colleges in Georgia offer massage therapy programs.Massage Steine image by Daniel T. Seebacher from Fotolia.com
Massage therapy schools teach students the theoretical and practical skills they need to become professionals who may work in a variety of settings. They include starting a private practice or working in a clinic, spa, health facility, rehabilitation center, doctor's office or on site at a workplace. When choosing massage therapy education, it is important to make sure that the program is accredited in Georgia by a professional association such as the American Massage Therapy Association.
Atlanta School of Massage
- The Atlanta School of Massage has been providing massage therapy education for more than 25 years and was named as one of the most prestigious massage schools in an article by USA Today. The school offers certification in the areas of neuromuscular therapy, Swedish massage and deep tissue massage, spa therapies, reflexology and seated massage. Students can also take continuing education courses and access job search services for graduates.
Atlanta School of Massage
2 Dunwoody Park
Atlanta, GA 30338
- Everest Institute has four campuses in Georgia that offer a program in massage therapy: Decatur, Jonesboro, Marietta and Norcross. Students acquire academic knowledge as well as practical skills in this program, including business and ethics; Swedish massage, Western theory and history; pre-natal, post-natal, infant, elder and geriatric massage; Eastern theory and practice; clinical and sports massage; and deep tissue and muscular energy techniques.
2460 Wesley Chapel Road, Suite 100
Decatur, GA 30035
6431 Tara Blvd.
Jonesboro, GA 30236
1600 Terrell Mill Road, Suite 200
Marietta, GA 30067
1750 Beaver Ruin Road, Suite 500
Norcross, GA 30093
- Gwinnett College acquired the Rising Spirit Institute of Natural Health and was approved by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and School to offer the massage therapy program in 2006. It is available at the Gwinnett/Lilburn, Dunwoody/Atlanta and Marietta campuses. The program lasts nine months and emphasizes scientific knowledge, business skills and manual experience. Students can transfer credits from this program to the college's Associate of Science degree in business.
4230 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 11
Lilburn, GA 30047
- The Atlanta campus of Sanford-Brown Institute offers a certificate program in advanced massage therapy. The core curriculum covers academic learning, clinical practice as well as an internship. The program provides training in therapeutic massage principles and techniques, hydrotherapy, the external application of water, heat, cold and topical preparations, and mechanical devices.
Sanford-Brown Institute - Atlanta
1140 Hammond Drive Suite A-1150
Atlanta , GA 30328