How to Repair a 1972 Camaro Windshield Wiper Motor
- 1). Bring vehicle to a complete stop. Disengage the engine and open the hood. Allow engine to cool. Remove the negative battery cable by loosening the cable clamp with a wrench. Move the cable to the side.
- 2). Remove the screen from the top of the hood to expose the wiper motor and also the wiper motor linkage.
- 3). Remove the wiper motor wiring harness from the wiper motor; just simply lift the locking tab and pull. Loosen the wiper motor drive link arm nuts with a wrench and pull off the drive link arm.
- 4). Remove the three wiper motor mounting bolts with a ratchet and socket and then pull the motor out of the firewall.
- 1). Place the new wiper motor in the firewall hole and line up the mounting holes. Install the wiper motor mounting bolts and tighten until they are tight with a ratchet and socket.
- 2). Place the wiper motor linkage back on the wiper motor crank. Install the drive link arm nuts and tighten with the wrench. Install the wiper motor wiring harness by just clicking it back into its place. Push the screen back into place on the top of the hood.
- 3). Reinstall the negative battery cable onto the battery and tighten it down with a wrench.
- 4). Close the hood. Turn the key to the ACC position and test your wiper motor.