IT Companies That Provide Training
- Information technology (IT) is a general term.computer image by Orlando Florin Rosu from Fotolia.com
Beyond making and selling their own products, some top information technology (IT) companies can provide training services. In fact, TrainingIndustry.com, a professional reviewer of the training industry, includes a few major IT corporations in its list of Top 20 IT Training Companies for 2009.
These corporations are headquartered within the United States and maintain training centers around the world. While most of the courses they provide are geared toward training their corporate clients' executives or employees, they are also often open to individuals seeking training and certification.
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) is considered a leader in IT training by TrainingIndustry.com. Aside from content expertise in its products, services and industry-standard technologies, their educational offerings include an insight into critical business processes and learning solutions. HP offers courses in 93 learning centers around the world, many of which are either self-paced or conducted live online.
3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, California 94304-1185
Computer Generated Solutions, Inc. (CGS)
- Established in 1984, CGS offers end-to-end technological business solutions and services like ERP, CRM, PLM and WMS, Portal and e-commerce and application development to a wide range of industries. They also provide outsourcing solutions, training and professional staffing for company help desks and customer care. Although CGS headquarters are in New York City, it maintains a presence in 20 locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Three World Financial Center
200 Vesey St., 27th Floor
New York City, New York 10281-1017
Dell Education Services
- Dell offers educational services on all of their products to companies and organizations that need to train their employees -- or what Dell calls "end users" -- simultaneously, enabling every single user in the organization to maximize use of their products in a short amount of time. Dell faculty and staff deliver the training through traditional classroom setups, virtual instructors and self-directed online courses.
1 Dell Way
Round Rock, Texas 78682
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Now a subsidiary of the Oracle Corporation, Sun Microsystems is known for its core products: the Java technology platform, MySQL, StorageTek, the Solaris operating system and the UltraSPARC processor. As part of its range of network computing solutions, it provides IT training in the use of its products as well.
500 Oracle Parkway
Redwood Shores, California 94065
- Red Hat is a leading provider of Linux operating systems and open source technology. As such, they pride themselves on setting the standard for open source training. They offer certification courses in system administration, Linux development and JBoss Enterprise middleware, via traditional classroom training, on-site training, self-paced training and virtual or remote classroom training.
1801 Varsity Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina 27606